Idris may sue Terengganu Govt over erroneous figure - The Star 26/7/08 BESUT: Former Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh is contemplating legal action against the Terengganu government for putting him in a bad light over the Proton Perdana V6 Executive controversy.
His special assistant, Kamarulazman Idris, said a lawyer had been engaged to study legal action on the statement issued by the state government that RM235,123.08 had been paid to maintain the Proton Perdana V6 Executive used by Idris from 2004 to this year.
The actual amount used to maintain the car (registration TS 12) was RM131,449.83, he pointed out.
“My boss’ reputation as Jerteh assemblyman has been smeared due to the statement,” he said.
On Thursday, State Secretary Datuk Mokthar Nong apologised for the error, adding that it was made by a clerk in his office who miscalculated the total sum incurred to service the car used by Idris
Kamarulazman said it baffled him why the state government was quick to provide the erroneous figure to the media after the state exco meeting in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
“The damage is already done and his (Idris’) reputation is tarnished,” he added.
Kamarulazman said the issue should not be deliberately politicised just because Idris was abroad and was unable to counter any allegations against him.
Idris is completing a six-month management course in Paris and is scheduled to return on Aug 8.